- This law will be implemented in schools in the 2015-2016 year.
- Students will receive CPR and AED training with a hands-on portion of CPR.
- This training will be provided by schools, included in their health programs.
Excerpts from Bill
As an integral part of the health education curriculum or the physical education curriculum for students in grades 7 through 12, each school district must provide instruction in:
(a) Cardiopulmonary resuscitation; and
(b) The uses of automated external defibrillators.
(2) Instruction provided as required by subsection
(1) of this section must include hands-on practicing of cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Excerpts from State Board of Education
Student CPR Programs that Meet This RequirementThese programs will qualify for Oregon's CPR Training Graduation Requirement:
|Supplies Needed||Adult Manikin||Adult & Infant Manikin, AED Trainer|
|Initial Evaluator Training Time||20-30 minutes||4-5 hours|
|Online Course Time||1 hour training, 20 minute test||1 hour training, 20 minute test|
|Hands-On Time (per group)||5-10 minutes||20-25 minutes|
|Certification Level||No certification||2-year Community CPR Certification|
|Cost for Students & Evaluators||FREE||FREE|