Teachers in California are required to learn CPR and First Aid.
We recommend taking ProFirstAid.
• Hold a BA or BS, not in education
• Basic Skills Requirement
• Subject Matter
• US Constitution
• Fingerprint Clearance
• Complete a Commission-approved program
• Pass a TPA
• MS Candidates: Pass RICA
Single Subject and Multiple Subject Teaching Credentials Requirements for Teachers with Private School Experience
Requirements for the Clear Single Subject or Multiple Subject Teaching Credential
Individuals who obtain the five-year preliminary credential based on three or more years of private school teaching experience may apply for a clear teaching credential by verifying completion of all of the following requirements:
2. Verify training in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) that covers infant, child and adult CPR skills
For Preliminary Multiple Subject and Single Subject Teaching Credentials
This notice is to alert all institutions that offer approved Multiple Subject or Single Subject teacher preparation programs that it is a requirement that all individuals recommended for a preliminary teaching multiple or single subject teaching credential have certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
5. Individuals must satisfy one of the following requirements:
a. Complete a Commission-approved Professional Teacher Induction Program. (See Terms and Definitions) Verification of training in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) that covers infant, child, and adult CPR skills is also required.
b. If a Commission-approved professional teacher induction program is not available (this must be verified by the employing agency), individuals may complete a Commission-approved General Education Clear credential program, securing that institution’s formal recommendation for the clear credential.
The Special Subjects Teaching Credentials are issued to individuals who meet the requirements listed below and who apply through and are recommended by a Commission-approved program sponsor. They are available in the following subject areas:
• Aviation Flight Instruction
• Aviation Ground Instruction
• Basic Military Drill
• Reserve Officers Training Corps
• Driver Education and Training
• Limited Driver Training
Requirements for the Clear Credential
4. Health education, including, but not limited to, the study of nutrition; the physiological and sociological effects of abuse of alcohol, narcotics, and drugs, and the use of tobacco. This requirement must also include training in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) that covers infant, child, and adult CPR skills.
Day Care Providers Only
They’re required to have an EMSA sticker on their card, and EMSA only accepts local providers; http://www.emsa.ca.gov/Media/Default/PDF/FirstAidCPRProviders.pdf